What You Can Expect
Trade a day of your city life with us. Join for half a day in the morning or afternoon to learn about the cuisine and traditional food culture of Bali.
Start with a visit to the morning market to see day to day life of countryside people interact in the traditional market. We will have a chance to taste and sample some local tropical fruit or family recipe cake during our visit.
As part of our Farm cooking school, we proudly cultivate our own exotic organic vegetation. Upon arrival, you will be given a tour around our organic farm and learn how a Balinese family expertly uses the natural resources surrounding them to create a self-sustaining farm.
The fresh ingredients you pick from this very field will be used to prepare your favorite dishes in your Balinese cooking School later on.
Our kitchens are spacious and well equipped. You will learn about the herbs and spices used, interesting myths behind them and of course how to cook them.
Sign up for our hands-on cooking class and get a new skill and knowledge to create memorable dishes for your friends and family once you get back home!
- 6.5-hour Experience from market tour, farm tour and hands-on cooking
- Fully hands-on cooking experience
- A visit to local farmer market
- Farm tour to see the live sample of spices use and tropical vegetation for cooking and medicine
- Learn to prepare delicious basic spices in Balinese food and how to use it
- Discover Balinese cooking methods with an expert chef
- Free printed recipe book and our design PDF recipe (downloadable)
- All the food you cook is yours (you can take to the hotel)
- Small-group class with a maximum of 10 people ensures a personalized experience
We open everyday (7 days a week)
- 7:30 am to 14:00 pm (Morning Class, with market visit)
- 12:30 pm to 6:00 pm (Afternoon Class, NO market visit)
- Pepes ikan (steamed fish with Balinese ingridients wraps by banana leafs)
- BASA GDE(Balinese basic spice paste)
- URAB SAYUR(Balinese style steamed
- ARES AYAM(Balinese style young banana stem soup with chicken)
- SATE AYAM LILIT(minced chicken grilled on bamboo stick)
- TEMPE ASAM MANIS(sweet sour tempe/bean cake)
- SAMBAL BONGKOT(torch ginger sambal/salad)
- DADAR GULUNG [rolled cake with grated coconut and palm sugar)
Vegetarian or Vegan
- Pepes jamur(steamed mushroom with Balinese herbs)
- Base Gede (balinese basic spices paste)
- Ares kacang merah (balinese red peanut soup with vagetble )
- Sate tusuk tahu and tempe (griled tofu with peanut sauce)
- Urab sayur (balinese style steamed vegetables salad with balinese spice)
- Tempe Asam Manis (Sweet Sour Tempe)
- Sambal bongkot(torch ginger sambal)
- Dadar gulung (rolled cake with grated coconut and palm sugar)
- Confirmation of availability will be received within 24 hours. Once confirmed, please present your booking receipt
- Cancellation at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancellation between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Cancellation within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee